Maintenance Coordinator (Clerical Position)
$11.00 - $13.00/ hour
Towne Housing Real Estate is looking for a skilled office clerk to assist in the daily operations of our Maintenance Department. Any applicant with experience in property management is a bonus. We currently manage over 400 apartments in the Western New York area and our team of skilled maintenance technicians respond to daily calls for maintenance from owners, tenants, Section 8 agency inspections and city inspections. This position is new to our growing company and is meant to increase our efficiency and triage the large number of incoming requests. We are a fast paced, high-volume office and are growing both our client list and team regularly.
This position is responsible for and tasks include:
- Maintenance work order creation and management
- Data Entry – Completing work orders and calculating job costs
- Receipt management – Filing, Review, Reimbursements
- Coordinating with tenants to schedule maintenance and repairs
- Phone calls to confirm material purchasing, tenant availability, setting appointments etc.
- Work with our Property Management and Accounting Team to ensure efficiency
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Strong understanding of and advanced computer skills
- Have good communication skills
- Must be organized and work efficiently
- Have a strong work ethic and have a “go getter” personality
- Have basic understanding of cloud-based resource management programs and be able to learn new programs (T Sheets & Buildium)
- Good with numbers, money and time management
There is a probationary period of 30 days. An intro pay rate will be offered and reassessed after training and an additional 30-day period post training. We are looking for highly skilled individuals who are professional, courteous, responsible, focused, hardworking and trustworthy.
**Applicants must be okay with high-pressure situations where tenants are upset and need immediate assistance.
**Must have strong people and communication skills.