The outlined process below is employed for both Towne Housing owned & managed properties. We ask that each applicant review and complete the process below to be considered for tenancy. Questions regarding the process may be directed to our management team by calling or messaging us on the “Contact Us” webpage.
Step 1 – Interested?
Identify an apartment of interest on social media, craigslist, this website or through a real estate website online.
Step 2 – Attend an Open House
Contact us at 444-RENT to sign up for an open house. Times and dates will be made available to you when you call. You can also contact our leasing department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
At this step in the process you will meet in person with a company designated leasing agent. Please be sure to have all who apply present at this showing. At this time you can ask any additional questions you may have regarding the unit.
Step 3 – Complete our Screening & Application Process
You will be provided with a link to our screening and application portal. To be considered all must be completed in their entirety. Our screenings require a $15 fee be paid. Once the screenings are completed they are good for 30 days and can be used to qualify for any units we have for rent company wide.
Some additional items will be requested to confirm your eligibility:
- Proof of income (2 most recent pay stubs)
- Proof of Renters insurance (If required for pets)
- Pet documentation (if applicable)
- Contact information for previous landlords if not yet submitted
Step 5 – Decision
Some additional information may be required at this time based on the information submitted.
You will then be contacted by the company representative regarding our decision.
Step 6 – If Approved
Once approved a lease agreement and applicable documents will be drafted and sent to you via email for signatures. We operate in as much of a paperless way as possible. E-signing your lease and docs will expedite the process.
Steps to finalize are outlined below:
- Signing of Lease Agreement
- Signing of pertinent documents (Lead Based Paint Disclosure, Smoke Detector Agreement & Pet Agreement [if applicable])
- Payments to be made. PLEASE NOTE – KEYS WILL NOT BE GIVEN UNTIL FULL PAYMENT IS MADE.
- Receive keys & necessary access information.
- Any last minute questions may be asked at this time.